Who we are:
An energetic, innovative, rapidly growing business based in Fortitude Valley. Goodwill Projects host a number of Brisbane's best known local & weekend markets. Ensuring set up, operation, customer enjoyment and quality are key components in our day to day structure.
Essentially an event management company - we place a strong emphasis on customer service and creative concepts. Working with hundreds of unique vendors each week - we love promoting the many foods, sights, sounds, and characters that make up Brisbane's best markets and events!
Our markets are a genuine, fun, and low cost alternative to shopping centres. We aim to bring unique goods and services, farm direct produce, live music and creative arts to the markets, while assisting micro businesses develop and grow.
About the role:
It's not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce - and the amazing people who make it come together.
We are looking for an experienced Social Media and Creative Manager who can make words jump off a page, post, or poster! From concepts to tone of voice, you are able to convey the smallest detail, through to the biggest event with linguistic flare. Not just limited to stallholder engagement, press packs and sponsorship - you are well aware and in command of all things social. It's fair to say you know what trends are here to stay, and what's around the corner! From detailed descriptions, to a punchy headline, to an engaging infographic - no matter what, you've got it covered. Most important, you love what you do!
Promoting number of different market locations, as well as pop up laneway bars, night markets, Christmas events, and large festivals - the ability to understand 'your customers' while fostering an edgy, creative, satirical, humorous, or informative persona forms part of this role - as does communicating with our various stallholders and event partners. While being exceptionally organised, you are able to move between different locations online, remaining highly creative and 'on-point'. Not just limited to puns, memes and one liners- you would be very aware of the 'audience', possess excellent copywriting skills and have prior experience in or around digital marketing campaigns.
Bonus: You've got your finger on the pulse of everything fashion, food, politics and more. This might be the hottest new podcasts, an emerging dumpling trend in LA, or a photography format that the markets should use, bottom line, you're all things fresh, fun and creative!
* We are principally an event management company. Working within a fast paced office, having ownership of tasks and accountability is an important part of this role.
Key features of this role:
- Generate content, idea generation and copy writing for all channels, from humorous or informative copy - recognising tone of voice and consistency.
- Project manage and complete tasks from creative to implementation.
- Manage all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- Identify and implement innovative digital marketing initiatives (creative based).
- Create, optimise and format artwork for socials, print material, digital advertising, and website. * if graphic design is applicable *
- Conceptualisation and planning of design briefs for graphic design delivery (either in-house or outsourced).
- Contribute where required in a fast paced, inclusive and upbeat office atmosphere.
- ** Occasional attendance at weekend markets will form part of this role.
Key attributes required:
- 3 years experience in a fast paced, busy role.
- Digital marketing experience and/or examples of applicable creative works.
- Enjoy strong working knowledge of Public Relations, Press releases, and general media promotions.
- Excellent digital media awareness.
- Sound knowledge of retail and / or commercial retail principals.
- Experience proof checking ads and preparing artwork for print.
- Awareness, understanding and experience with customer service, and possessing a great deal of common-sense.
- Experience in content marketing, content creation (photo and video) skills.
- Ability to assist across many areas in a diverse, energetic and busy office space. "Chipping in".
- You are creative! Enjoy group interaction and conversations about "new ideas". Ie One-off Staff T's, hot-cross bun eating competition, celebrity chefs, prizes, Halloween dress up and much more.
- Love interacting with your attendees/customers and seeing 'your' promotions bring events to life!
- Eye for detail in both video, photography and aesthetics.
- Superb grasp of the English language.
- Ability to take ownership of daily/weekly tasks.
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks which arise daily/weekly around the planning and execution of regular or seasonal events.
- Have fun & create a fun place to 'work'.
- Exceptional organisation (diary, people, partner management), strong internal communication.
- Possess a strong working knowledge and previous experience with graphic design in Adobe Creative Suite
If you are interested in this position, please ensure the words "Grape" is creatively included in your cover letter, along with a detailed CV.
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 + Superannuation. * Based on Exp.
Fortitude Valley based. Car parking provided.
Please forward your cover letter and CV to Mark Power:
*** Australian residents or permanent visa holders ONLY please. ***