Social Media Coordinator
Now QLD's largest stallholder management company, Goodwill Projects oversees up to 1400 micro businesses each weekend. If you've noticed markets change in Brisbane over the past four years, chances are Goodwill Projects played a role. The first in Brisbane to theme & design market spaces - A trip to your local market is always evolving, festive and fresh. We have implemented systems to foster genuine growers, producers, makers, bakers, seamstresses, designers, chefs, musicians, even knife sharpeners! We've placed markets on the map in SE QLD. And why not...we have the best weather in Australia!
Based out of Fortitude Valley, we are a young, energetic, innovative team – we want to be a genuine and FUN, alternative to shopping centres, bars, and restaurants for Brisbanite's on the weekends. We aim to create experiences, not spaces, and bring something different and challenging to Brisbane every week, month, and year!
Our business is a diverse mix of weekend farmers markets, events, and hospitality; this is an exciting time for us and we have a huge opportunity for a passionate influencer with their finger on the pulse of local and global trends. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will need to be a savvy all-rounder in the digital sphere, with extensive knowledge of the ins and outs of social media platforms. The right candidate must have a self-directed work initiative. Most importantly, the role requires a personable and fun attitude!
This is a full-time role.
Your duties will include:
- Generation of creative content across digital and physical media
- Assisting with the development of targeted marketing collateral
- Co-ordinating marketing schedules, events, and materials
- Researching and identifying new opportunities
- SEO, EDM (MailChimp), and database management
- Direct communication with partners and stakeholders
- Social media content creation - that is rich in relevance OR humour - or both
- You relate to people from all walks of life
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar communications role.
- A fantastic knowledge of marketing and creative, especially in the digital field
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Great communication abilities
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- A love of travel AND WEEKEND MARKETS.
- Ability to write (pen) a sincere letter/email
- A sense of humour!
- Most importantly, you’re super creative, able to conceive fun, unique ideas and then put them into practice.
Salary based on experience, with incentives and travel.
Must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident holding an Australian working visa.
We are based in Fortitude Valley and a car park will be provided.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter (using the word ‘Rockmelon' creatively).
Successful candidates will be contacted via phone or email.